- Information Usage
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Updates to our Collection, Usage, & Sharing
- Information Security & Confidentiality
- Account Creation, Management, & Deletion
- Cookie Controls
- California Privacy Rights
- CCPA Rights Request Process
- California Do Not Track Disclosure
- Nevada Privacy Rights
- General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
To better serve you, we collect personal information and non-personal information for a variety of business purposes.
- "Personal Information” is information that could reasonably relate, describe, or identify you.
- “Non-Personal Information” means information that could not reasonably relate, describe, or identify you and that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information (but does not include publicly available information from federal, state, or government records). Sometimes Non-Personal Information becomes linked to your Personal Information, and therefore the Non-Personal Information may adapt and become Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
- Categories of Information we collect:
- Identifiers: such as e-mail address, social media handles or nicknames, account username, account password, real name, alias, shipping address, telephone number, online identifier number (either account number or unique visitor number as a probabilistic identifier), demographic data, signature
- Commercial Information: such as items added to cart, items purchased, items returned, survey responses, opt-in and opt-out choices, VIP member participation at stores, AG newsletter subscriber, Site quizzes, and product or customer service feedback
- Internet Activity Information: such as device, operating system, browser, browsing history, Site search history, referrals and interaction with this Site and its applications, response to advertisements
- Payment Information: such as mode(s) of payment, payment card information, use of third-party online payments system (e.g. PayPal), and billing address
- Physical Characteristics: such as sizes and fit specifications
- Protected Class Status: such as gender, age, use of the accessible view of this Site or request for accommodations in-store
- Geolocation Data: such as Internet Protocol Address (IP is typically de-identified and aggregated and therefore would be non-personal information until tied to a specific identifier), zip code, state, stores visited
- Audio, Video, or Sensory Data: Audio recordings when you call Customer Service; surveillance in stores, showrooms, and headquarters
- Inferences: such as transaction behavior, buying trends and preferences based on styles purchased and returned or from communications made with customer service or in-store personnel
- Professional & Educational Information: Applicable only to those that submit employment applications, which may include education, employment history, current employer, and other professional information included in resumes, cover letters, CVs, etc.
We collect information from a variety of sources, such as:
Information you provide to us online or in-store.
- Registration & Account information, including login, e-mail, password, account settings & preferences, address book, saved items, etc.
- Contact Information (e.g. Name (real or alias), e-mail, telephone number, shipping & billing addresses)
- Payment information & verification
- Note that while we facilitate the collection of payment card data, the information is securely transmitted directly to our payment gateway service providers. We never receive or store credit card information.
- Purchase & Return information & history, including style types and product sizes
- AG newsletter subscriber or text promotion subscriber
- Answers to questionnaires or surveys
- Interaction with quizzes and widgets
- Communications through our Customer Service, including your contact information and the contents and attachments to messages, chat, and recordings of calls
- Payment information (including signature on receipts)
- Contact Information (e.g. Name, e-mail, telephone number, shipping address)
- Purchase & Return information & history
- Alteration requests or history
- Use of promotions or participation in store VIP e-mail list(s)
- Communications about career opportunities including job applications, resumes and follow-up messages
- Any other information you provide us
- Customer Service
- Customer service communications by e-mail or phone
Information collected passively online or in-store:
- Online & In-Store:
- Style preferences
- Size and fit specifications
- Site visit history, browsing history, items added to cart, referral source, device, location, operating system, browser, use of promotions, use of accessible Site, interaction with Site, ads, or applications, customer service (e-mails, chat communications), administer sweepstakes, etc.
- Surveillance footage
- Customer Service Calls
- Audio recordings
Information collected from Service Providers or Third Parties
- We also may collect information about you that we receive from other sources:
- Our service provider(s) may use public records information to detect and prevent fraud or enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database, such as your address.
- Our third-party data or marketing partners may send us information about you, including e-mails from sweepstakes hosted by a marketing partner or demographic information from a data partner.
- If you link our Services to a third-party account, we may receive information about you, including your profile information, and your use of the third-party account. If you wish to limit the information available to us, then you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn more about your options.
- Like most retail websites, this Site uses essential and non-essential industry-standard cookies and tracking technology (collectively, “Cookies”) to remember your device, track your usage patterns, to tailor your internet-based advertising, or to enhance or personalize your online browsing and shopping experience. Ultimately, information collected by Cookies is used to make this Site or our advertisements more tailored to you.
- The major types of “Cookies” are:
- Cookies: Cookies are pieces of data, normally stored in text files, that are placed on your computer as a memory imprint. Cookies allow for customized experiences, including keeping you logged into your account or keeping items in your shopping cart. We use session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive user experience, and secure cookies during checkout.
- Local Storage Objects: Similar to cookies, Local Store Objects (“LSOs”) store information as a memory imprint. However, LSOs often can store more information than cookies. When we post videos, we or the browser plugin, may use LSOs to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will typically not remove LSOs. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, visit the “Flash Player Help” page of www.macromedia.com.
- Pixel Tags: Pixel Tags is a 1-pixel x 1-pixel transparent image that is place in an e-mail or Site in combination of cookies to track browsing history or opened our AG newsletter e-mail.
- The major categories of Cookies are:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential for enabling user movement around this Site and providing access to features such as your profile and purchases, member-only resources, adding to cart, and access to other secure areas of this Site. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes and do not remember where you have been on the internet. You can block these cookies from your browser, but certain features of this Site will be unavailable.
- Performance Cookies: We use various analytic cookies, like Google Analytics Cookies, to help analyze how users use this Site to improve the Website. These Performance Cookies collect information such as how often users visit this Site, what pages they visit, and what other Sites they used prior to coming to this Site. We use the information to make improvements to the User Experience of this Site. You can turn Performance Cookies off in your Cookie Control Center.
- Advertising Cookies: We also use service providers for Advertising Cookies so we know when a user interacts with a marketing communication, such as a marketing e-mail or marketing based landing page on this Site. This cookie collects information about you to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns or to provide better targeting for advertising. You can turn Performance Cookies off in your Cookie Control Center
We collect and use your information for a variety of business purposes, but primarily to complete a transaction, to understand our customer preferences, to improve product offerings in the future, and to improve your personal shopping experience and interaction through recommended products. Here are the specific business purposes:
- Perform Services
- Make this Site available to you
- Process and fulfill orders or returns
- Respond to your requests
- Manage your Accounts
- Auditing Interactions & Transactions
- Enhance this Site or in-store experience
- Provide you with promotional communications
- Security & Fraud Prevention
- Monitor the security of this Site, store, or transaction
- Identify & Repair Errors
- Improve the functionality of this Site or Store operations
- Short-Term Use to Improve the Interaction
- Improve your experience
- Internal Research & Development
- Aggregate or de-identify for analysis
- Improve this Site
- Improve our styles
- Maintain & Improve Product Quality or Service
- Improve our fit
- Improve our fabrics
We share your Personal Information with our Service Providers and sometimes with third parties, like Google or Facebook. Also, we may share your information for a legal reason or related to corporate restructuring.
- Service Providers: We will share your Personal Information with service providers for business purposes to provide you goods and services offered on this Site, including payment processing, fraud protection, credit risk reduction, marketing, data analytics support and services, and delivery of purchased merchandise. Our Service Providers are required by an agreement to use your Personal Information only for our business purpose.
- Legal Requirements: We will share your Personal Information when we believe disclosure is necessary or required by law, regulation, to protect users, the integrity of this Site and to defend or exercise our legal rights.
We maintain (and require our service providers to maintain) reasonable security measures, including appropriate organizational and technical measures, to protect the security and confidentiality of any information we collect or share. However, no organizational or technical measures are 100% secure so you should take care when disclosing information online and act reasonably to protect yourself online, including selection of a strong password, not sharing your password, and immediately advise us if you believe there is unauthorized access or activity on your account.
We respect your decisions and encourage you to educate yourself about your privacy rights.
You may create an account to manage your settings and preferences, and to access your purchase and return history. If you have an Account, then you may modify or update your information through your Account. If you have issues with accessing your account, believe your account has been compromised, or wish to delete your account, then please contact Customer Service at email@example.com.
If you subscribe to the AG Newsletter, subscribe as a specific store VIP member, or subscribe to mobile text promotions, then you may unsubscribe at any time.
- AG Newsletter: Go to the bottom of the e-mail and click on the “Unsubscribe” button and complete the steps or contact Customer Service
- Store VIP member: Respond to the VIP store e-mail to request to be unsubscribed or contact the store manager
- Mobile text promotions: Reply “STOP”
Any opt-out by you is not deemed valid until processed by us. It is your obligation to verify that you have been opted-out. Please note that any request to be removed from such mailing lists may take up to ten (10) business days to become effective. Even if you are removed from any such list, if you order online, then we will send you an email confirming your order, tracking, etc. and may need to contact you by phone, email, or regular mail if we have questions about your order.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents have the following rights:
- Right to Know
- Information Collected: You have the right to know what information is being collected about you
- To learn what information is being collected generally, you may read the Information Collection, Usage, and Sharing section or send us a verifiable request as detailed below in the CCPA Rights Request Process section.
- Information Shared: You have the right to know whether we sell or disclose your information
- To learn what information is being disclosed generally, you may read the Information Collection, Usage, and Sharing section or send us a verifiable request as detailed below in the CCPA Rights Request Process section.
- Right to Access
- You have the right to access your personal information in a portable format, including:
- the categories of Personal Information collected,
- categories of sources of Personal Information collected,
- business or commercial purposes for collecting or sharing your Personal Information, and
- the specified pieces of Personal Information collected.
- We will not re-identify any information that was de-identified and will not provide information that was anonymized or aggregated as allowed under the CCPA.
- To request Access, please send us a verifiable request as detailed below in the CCPA Rights Request Process section.
- Right to Deletion
- You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information, which is subject to certain exceptions listed in Section 1798.105(d) of the CCPA. To request deletion, please send us a verifiable request as detailed below in the CCPA Rights Request Process section.
- Right to Stop the Sharing (“Selling”) of your Personal Information (“Do Not Share My Personal Info”)
- You have the right to say no to the sale of your personal information. Sale is defined very broadly in the CCPA and encompasses the “sharing” of your information with third parties. We do not sell your information for monetary gain, but we may share your information with third parties like Google, Facebook, PayPal, and Apple Pay.
- To learn what information is being shared, you may read the Information Collection, Usage, and Sharing section or send us a verifiable request as detailed below in the CCPA Rights Request Process section.
- Also, it is possible that some or all of our third-party advertising partners or members of their affiliate network may participate in consumer opt-out programs. Read the California Do Not Track Disclosure section to find out more.
- Right to Equal Service & Price
- Even if you exercise your CCPA privacy rights, you will have equal service and price to those that have not.
Shine the Light: Separate from the above and CCPA privacy rights and pursuant to the California Shine the Light Law, Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request a notice of how their Personal Information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to:AG Adriano Goldschmied, Inc.
Attn: Legal Counsel
Re: CA Privacy Rights – Shine the Light
2741 Seminole Ave, Suite A
South Gate, CA 90280
We allow California residents to exercise their rights under the CCPA, including rights that require a verifiable request, up to twice a year.
To begin a CCPA verifiable request, we will need to verify that you are human, that you reside in California, and that you are you. Therefore, we will at a minimum require you name, e-mail address (or phone number), and qualifying statement confirming that you are a California resident. In certain cases and as permitted by law, we will allow authorized agents to submit a request on your behalf.CCPA Verifiable Rights Request Portal
CCPA Do Not Share My Info Cookie Control Center
California residents must submit their verifiable request through our CCPA Rights Request Portal linked above or to prevent the sharing of your personal information may use the Cookie Control Center linked above. To promptly respond to your verifiable request, please complete all required fields. At a minimum, we will need your name, e-mail, and a California residency confirmation. Shortly after receiving your request and for those rights requiring verification, we will contact you via e-mail to complete the verification process. Once your request is verified, then we will begin processing your request, which may take up to 45 days or an additional length of time allowed under the CCPA.
Alternatively, if you do not have an e-mail, then you can reach out to our customer service toll-free at 833-644-0784, Mon. - Fri., 8am to 6pm PST and specify the nature of your verifiable request as follows: CCPA Right to Know, CCPA Right to Access, CCPA Right to Deletion. At a minimum, Customer Service will require your name, phone number, and California residency confirmation. Shortly after receiving your request and for those rights requiring verification, the designated person in our Customer Service will contact you via phone to complete the verification process. Once your request is verified, then we will begin processing your request, which may take up to 45 days or an additional length of time allowed under the CCPA.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the DNT signal, the browser sends a message to Sites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not recognize or respond to DNT browser settings or signals and we will still receive information. As a result, we may still collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the DNT signal.
However, you can adjust your browser settings to restrict Cookies. Also, it is possible that some or all of our third-party advertising partners or members of their affiliate network may participate in a consumer opt-out programs.
Also, you may opt out of Google Analytics by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
We do not operate or control the aforementioned opt-out websites and are not responsible for the opt-out choices or functions available therein.
We do not exchange your Personal Information for money with anyone so that they can license or sell the Personal Information to additional parties.
On May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) became the legal authority on the processing of personal data for Site users located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), which includes the European Union (“EU”). Also, the United Kingdom incorporated the GDPR with the Data Protection Act 2018. Currently, we do not offer or sell goods to individuals located in the EEA and therefore GDPR does not apply. If you have any questions about the applicability, or would like to inquire about GDPR, then please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “GDPR Privacy.”
For customer service regarding an order please write, call, or e-mail our Customer Service Department at:Online Sales & Customer Service Department
2741 Seminole Ave.
South Gate, CA 90280
Mon. - Fri., 8am to 5pm PST.
If you have any questions about California Privacy Rights, then please contact us at privacyCA@agjeans.com.
For CCPA verifiable requests, please follow the CCPA Rights Request Process detailed above or call Customer Service at the toll-free number above; in stores, please speak with the store manager in your California store. For “Do Not Share my Info” requests, please adjust your preferences in your Cookie Control Center.
We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other Personal Information through email. For your protection, do not click links or open any files attached to suspicious, unsolicited emails.
In order to help protect your Personal Information further, you should be careful about providing your password to others. If you wish to cancel a password, or if you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of a password, please contact our Customer Service Department.
As stated in our Terms & Conditions, this Site is a general audience website for adults over the age of majority in their state of residence. Therefore, we do not knowingly collect Personal Information of any underaged user. If a parent or legal guardian believes we collected any Personal Information from a minor, then please contact us at email@example.com using the subject “Minor PI inquiry” and we will resolve the matter promptly.
Last Updated: August 2020